Transportation & Fuel Source Technology
Ford Escape Hybrid Electric Vehicle on Track for All-Time Record Sales on Eve of Earth Day
Ford Motor Company announced today that the Escape Hybrid is expected to post its highest sales month ever, following increased marketing initiatives, increased tax relief, and increased consumer environmental awareness.
In February, Ford introduced a national marketing campaign to increase consumer awareness of the benefits of the Escape Hybrid, partnering with Kermit the Frog. In March, Ford also introduced zero percent financing for up to 60 months, to further encourage growth of this important technology.
In April, Ford launched a new hybrid tax hotline, to help educate consumers about the federal, state and local government tax incentives available to Ford hybrid customers. Some consumers can save as much as $6,000 as a result of tax relief on both the Ford Escape Hybrid and Mercury Mariner Hybrid. According to the dealer hotline statistics, the top places to own an Escape Hybrid currently are West Virginia, Colorado, Oregon and Louisiana.
Ford was the first manufacturer to introduce a full hybrid SUV. The Hybrid Escape is the most fuel-efficient SUV on earth, returning 36 miles per gallon on the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) city cycle.
About Ford Hybrids
* In February 2006, PRIMEDIA's IntelliChoice.com, the online source for automotive ownership cost and value analysis, named the Ford Escape Hybrid 2WD "Best SUV Value Under $28,000" in its "Best Overall Value of the Year" Awards and was the only U.S. auto manufacturer honored among the very top vehicles by category.
* The 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid is the world's first hybrid-electric SUV as well as the first hybrid built in North America.
* 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid was recognized as the 2005 North American Truck of the Year.
* The Mercury Mariner Hybrid was named the first-ever "2006 Green Car of the Year" by Green Car Journal.
* The Ford Escape Hybrid meets strict Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle (SULEV II) and Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle (AT-PZEV) standards.
* The Escape Hybrid is a "full" hybrid, meaning it automatically switches between pure electric power, pure gasoline engine power or combined operation to maximize efficiency and performance.
* Ford Motor Company has more than 150 patents from technological innovations developed for its hybrid program.
* Ford Motor Company will increase its global hybrid production ten-fold to approximately 250,000 units annually by 2010.
More Transportation & Fuel Source Technology Articles
Stanford researchers seek 'Holy Grail' in battery design
Volvo Car Group Makes Conventional Batteries a Thing of the Past
Tesla Model S Achieves Best Safety Rating of Any Car Ever Tested in the U.S.
Pure Electric BMW i3 Premieres in New York, London and Beijing
Smith Electric Vehicles to Open Manufacturing Facility In Chicago
BMW and Toyota Partner to Develop Fuel Cells
Tesla Motors Secretly Develops Solar Powered EV Charging Station Network
Quantum Demonstrates Plug-In Hybrid Electric F-150 Pick-Up Truck
NASA Goes Green: NASA Selects Green Propellant Technology Demonstration Mission
Increase in Popularity of Alternative Transportation Leads to Decrease in Oil Usage
even more articles...
Suggest an Article for Green Progress